What is it?
Import and Export require a EORI number when sending commercial cargo to the EU from the UK. It is important that you have this number on your customs documents as otherwise it will cause delays. Please see our small guide to check if you require a EORI number.
Click the link below to see if your VAT Number is registered
- Will be importing or exporting commercial goods to and from the EU
- Are going to impoirt or export goods within countries outside of the EU
- Will be trading between Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Iceland, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Moldova, Norway, and Switzerland
You don’t need an EORI if you are importing or exporting for you own personal or private use
- Exporting goods via sea, air or road freight will require you to have a EORI number. If you are importing, it is only required once the cargo arrives in the UK.
- Importing through air or road freight means that you will only have a couple of days to apply for your EORI number. You should apply before the goods are sent as you will not have long before the shipment arrives.
- To apply, you will need to fill out the online form here via your HMRC Gateway Account or contact the HMRC EORI Team on 03003229434